THIS IS HOW YOU
SAVE A SCHOOL
Thank you for helping 200 kids!
Save a School aimed to improve the Mirpur School and help ease the financial burden an education would mean for the children's families.
Kids are being pushed to work or forced into early marriage because their families cannot look after them. It is estimated that about 152 million children around the world work to help their families. They are as young as 5 years old. Bangladesh also has more than 2 million child brides.
The campaign wrap up in December 2019 and we are proud to announce the results:
How we got there
Our Music for Mirpur benefit concert with Chad Price raised $10,507.37!
We also raised $11,398.25 through our save a School campaign and $20,648 through our general fund.
What we can do now
- Buy materials for 250 children: educational books on different subjects, stationery, uniforms, bags, geometric boxes, library books and notepads - that includes an expected increase of 50 students in 2020;
- Two street drama plays and one puppet show in the community for children’s rights, including a petition against child labour and child marriage; and two campaigns for criminalization and child protection laws in Bangladesh;
- Teacher development and program related materials, including subject specific training;
- Facility upgrades, like purchasing a generator and a water filter, new white boards, markers, dusters, air-conditioning for classrooms, computers, printers, scanners, a projector, photocopiers, desks and chairs and also painting the walls of the school.
- Create an academic council, a community group for protection activities and guardian meetings to select a representative.
- Organize sport competitions and board game activities to engage children.
- Set up an indoor playground and purchase toys and puzzles.
- Cover tuition fees.